Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Bat house and panels! YEAH!

So tonight was "finish all the projects you started earlier" night. I finished carving in the bat on the bat house and painted it. I may touch up a little bit later with paint, but for now, it should be ready to hang. Or at least have it's picture taken. The other project was a panel requested from a customer to match one of the bass panels. She wanted one that would face the other. This weekend was pretty good for me, I sold the peacock panel and one of my boxes! (YEAH!) I was quite fond of the peacock one and I'm glad it is finally getting a good home.

3 comments:

Bob Tinsley said...

Seriously, Ethan, I think your panels are WAY under-priced. For both talent and size, you ought to be at least double what you are charging.

Bob

diy said...

With the alarming price of homes, those bats are also getting a good deal.

On the pricing of work I'm ignorant, I've difficulty giving mine away.

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Thanks Bob, Then again, it's probably because you guys know the time and effort it takes to develope the skill. Unfortunately, I don't know if many non-carvers can appreiciate the effort.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails