Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Finished carved panels, Say hello to Mickey!

So the panels took a little longer than I thought, But since I had very little else to do, I probably obsessed on them more than I should have. By the time I finished, I was tired and it was late, so I was not in a posting mood. Anyway, here they are: For the elephant and the Hull FC, I used the router. Since the panels were rather small, I had to use my "special" clamping plan to keep them still. Pretty cool, eh? I new that the stain would be a problem if I didn't carve them deep enough, but the client did not want them painted and had seen some of my other unpainted panels. The darker provincial stain tends to over darken the grain of oak. But it does give it a cool antique look. She also did not want the two larger panels polyed. So there they are! The two smaller plaques were pretty much the same as doing the toilet seats and fish panels. The painting was a bit more of a challenge, but I think they turned out pretty well.

4 comments:

RACHAEL said...

Love them! How cute.

L. D. said...

They are very well done, you should be able to sell them easily.

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Hehe, They are already sold. She loved them all! Now I can relax.

Kate said...

AWWW I love them! Good work!

www.ArtsyBizarre1990.blogspot.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails