Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What planet is this from? Star nosed mole.

So last night one of the cats, ( probably Hiro) brought us one of the strangest looking space creatures I have ever seen. I didn't take a picture of it so I had to find one online, But I knew what it was right away. ( I used to watch WAY too much discovery channel and animal planet) A Star Nosed Mole. Now, even though I knew what it was, I still have never seen one in person. What a strange looking beast! First of all, forget the nose, It has a LONG tail! I mean rat like! The voles, shrews and normal moles have only short stubby ones. Then it had these big meaty paws, I can't see how they can dig with them since they are so chubby! but they do have long claws, Then the nose, it looked like it had some nuclear genetic melt down forming a strange grown on it's nose. ( the nose was black BTW ,not red like most of the pictures online suggest.) Well, Cheryl didn't want the cats to eat it so I had to dispose of it before it started to smell. So mark one up for the strange and unusual night creatures. Hiro must have used this scare face to catch it!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! I've never seen such a thing! How interesting :-)

Glowbug Design said...

Yikes! I'm glad your adorable little cute cat is alright!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails