Tuesday, November 3, 2009

A Study on Carving an Eye

Tonight I worked on honing my skills ( no pun intended) on carving an eye. I thought, "why not make it BIG?" I had a couple of stubby stumps in the back that really are not very good for anything worth carving, So, if at the end of this, it just becomes firewood, I will not have a problem with it. First I remove the loose bark, then outline the basic shape of the eye, then just work it in. Easy as pie! It was actually quite fast and I didn't even have to use the mallet much. The wood was rather spongy in a couple of areas and you can definitely tell. No matter! It will just look great when it sits outside. In other news, I have become addicted to soup and sandwich. Tomato and Grilled Cheese! It is probably the artist in me, or perhaps the old chef, but I like to make things look pretty. "Folks eat with their eyes." Marty used to say. And I believe he is right! If it looks good, 9 chances out of 10 it will taste good. Hope this doesn't make you too hungry!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails