Monday, September 12, 2011

Remember Bluegill Aquaculture?

It has been a while since I posted anything about farm raising bluegills. It's rather sad for me as a former fisheries Biologist, to put your dream of bringing bluegills to the masses on hold as you pursue another business venture. However, I still can get excited from time to time whenever I hear someone talk about them. It might be true that I may never be in a position to chase down that dream, Or that I may have lost the passion that is required to follow a rainbow to that pot of gold. But I thought I would at least keep it up front to those people who check in from time to time. I tracked down a restaurant that has bluegill in the name but not on the menu. Symbolic of the up hill battle that the bluegill farmers face. However, there is still research being done to find the economic value here: In the mean time, Cheryl and I have been making stockings and more tags. I finally finished the 150 tags that I was working on, and came to the conclusion that they will not work out as a full time option. But that is why I can experiment and make more. I'm sure I'll find something that is good looking AND easier to make. Those last ones took way too long to put into full time production. Hope everyone has a great week!

1 comment:

L. D. said...

Dreaming doesn't cost much but someday you can maybe make it happen. Your created works are really great to see.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails