The problem arises whenever you mess with the way things have been carefully created so as to give balance to the stockings, the item on the stockings, and the buttons that are used for eyes, nose, etc. We decided to give it a go and change ONLY the stocking and keep the animals the same size as the smaller one. Then the snowflake buttons are selected by being the top three sizes.
And then there is the Price….It is true that for every large stocking we make, we are not able to make two of the smaller ones because of the way the felt bolt is set up. Besides that, the snowflake buttons and embroidery all take more time. However, we may have found a way to balance things out temporarily.
Behold! The new larger 20” stocking.
At the end of the day, I can be won over with Price. If someone is willing to pay more for the effort and resources…then I’m happy to oblige.
So bottom line, I think they turned out “ok”. They are still a nit more of an effort to work with that much material bunched up under my machine…but I managed somehow. Cheryl seems pretty happy for the moment and is thinking about adding them in next year…since everything is going to be “made to order” anyway. We shall see because we had this same discussion last year. We Always have these discussions and whether they ever become reality is left to the customer anyway….
So 20 stockings today. We were pretty much finished by 5:30 tonight. A pleasant surprise for the moment as there are a number of other things we simply have not had time for that need to be done. namely…Ordering more black buttons!