Friday, December 26, 2014

So…Merry Day After Christmas!

Sunny Clear Skies We survived the holidays!  No minor feat, by the way.   After much lamentation over the weather,  Clear Dry Roads! Michigan  did not fail to disappoint to disappoint.  Yep!   Totally Clear Roads!   Sunshine!   Warm weather.  Now You might be wondering, “How is this bad?”   How!?   It makes ME look bad after all that muttering about the Michigan Weather.   No nothing I will ever say about it will be taken seriously.   And Michigan KNEW this!  Conspired with Indiana, Chicago, and the weather channel to ruin my bid for political office one day.  A Vast North Wing Conspiracy!

 

Cheryl Behind the wheel! That being said,  I was pleased with the results of their campaign of defamation.   The results being Clear roads, Sunshine, and Warm Weather.  In the end,  we were able to make perhaps the best time ever to the Families house.   All without fear of Physical pain, deformity,  Totally Smooth Sailing!  Death!  And, Most importantly! the marring of the Subaru! It helped that Cheryl drove for part of the leg.   That helped make it smooth sailing!

Dinner's over.  But the Chatting Continues We ate too much!  Well, I ate too much.   It is the Holidays after all!   My goal now is to reign my self in and try to get back on track.   Hopefully back to Pre-Holiday levels. 

Rob having too much Christmas Julie and Mike had their cats over!   Quite the celebrities!   Rob is the grey and white one.    We is probably the most friendly, but does not like to be held.   But he loves posing and receiving pets!

 

Stanly hiding under the tableStanly is a rescue cat that looks like a giant long hair gerbil.  He has no tail!   Adding to the cosplay! He is smaller ( under all that fur) and slightly more shy.   However,  ( I’m bragging here) I was able to get him to come and let me pet him.   He liked to play with the toys…..Cats love it when you play with them….

 

celebrity cat? Rob "working it" for Andy. Andy was fascinated with Rob!  And took about a million pics of him,  convinced he could be the next “Grumpy Cat”.  

In the end,  I was caught up as well, want tried to take pictures of Rob….But he refused to sit still for me.  

 

Cheryl makes sure the trunk is loaded "properly"So on the return trip,  As mentioned before,  This is PROOF she is the BEST WIFE EVER!I was going to make this an expedition for gather Honey Brown Beer!   In that case:   The Mission was a success!

 See!  Totally Organized with Room to spare   I told the people at Honey Brown that I was going to feel like a frat boy purchasing a year’s supply of beer at once so i can bring it back to Iowa.   Room for EVEN MORE BEER! From Michigan. Well…..I did!   I could have bought more…and Cheryl even urged me to!  ( What a GREAT WIFE!) But I left at least three cases on the shelves.   Luckily, no one bothered me with my “unusual” purchase…..Maybe it is not as unusual as I think there in Michigan.  But it WAS unusual for me.

 Perhaps if MIchigan could have started with Alcohol, they would have survived that recession better. big-three-auto-manufacturersWe also Purchased a Michigan Beer and Michigan Wine….to perhaps blog about later.   I guess Michigan has Swapped the Auto Industry for the Micro-Beer industry.   Not exactly what Granholm wanted, I’m sure.   She Probably wanted more “techie” industry, because that was “cleaner, and cooler” that the Big Three, But ended Up a state filled with what looks like unemployed alcoholics!  With Michigan looking  for ways to survive the harsh economic climate.  Ah well,   It’s not really my worries anymore…..But the Beer, I’m sure, Will taste Great!

Return trip, Clear skies again! The Return trip was uneventful as well,  We stopped by IKEA briefly, and safely arrived home about 2 hours ago.  Iowa Border!  Almost there!  Temp:  54 Degrees! I’m not sure what we have planned for tomorrow….most likely we have plans for “no plans” !

 keep-calm-youre-finally-homeI feel like I can finally relax and the hustle andDoggies say: Merry Christmas! bustle of Christmas is finally over.    I hope everyone else was able to survive the holidays intact.   And ultimately,   Had a good one with friends and family!  Enjoy!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails