Tuesday, November 1, 2016

November Novel Month!

It's that time of year once again.  Where I try to motivate myself to write another story within 30 days.  Impossible?  It sure seems that way.  Last year I only was able to get about 12,000 words before throwing in the towel!   However, I did manage to take a huge hunk out of a story that had been on the back burner for several years.   So, in the end, I was able to finish the story ( in late March, I believe) and ultimately claim victory.

And so it will probably be the same thing this year.   I managed to barely cross over 1000 words today for the new story.   For those who do not know what NaNoWriMo is, the rules are simple:  Write 50,000 words in 30 days.

But with only yourself as the foreman,  you can take it at any pace you want.  Ultimately, ( for me anyway.) the goal is to write.  write anything as long as you develop the habit and get the job done.   So here is to a slow start on the first day in November.   With Christmas Stockings gearing up and possible scoring gigs dropping randomly in our lap,  I'll have plenty of distractions to overcome.   Let's see how far I get this year before life forces me to send up the white flag.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails