Sunday, January 18, 2009

Boxes painted!

I finished up painting the boxes now and I'm waiting for the hand rub poly to dry. I'm not sure if I will like the hand rub poly on the boxes. but I figured I need something to protect the paint from scratches. Regular brush on poly seems a little too thick, and I hate varnish/lacquer/shellac. I have tried all of these and hate them all. The fumes, building up of multiple layers, and all the other fussy things that come with it. Poly is simple. Usually only two coats with a minimum of sanding. My second choice would be tung oil. We'll see how I like it. I also carved up 4 toilet seats tonight. I still have three left, but as usual, we are out of boxes again and have to wait to ship out the last three.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

very beautiful, I love watching to see what you will do next :)

Handi said...

Ethan: Really nice boxes dude... I seen the comment about Poly a little too thick to brush on..

Add your Poly to a Jar, and add a little Mineral Spirit to it to Thin it out just a LITTLE Bit, then Wipe that on.

This should help out some... And if your Poly is getting think, then you are exposing it way to long to air... it's best to Pour out what you need or under what you need in another container.

if you need more, just pour it in that container, the less air exporsure the better, Air is what sets the poly.

Handi

MyPaperEden said...

Hey these are really cool! I like the bird series :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails