Ok! I worked on salvaging the pieces of the box in a second attempt with an easier joint. This time I attempted a lap joint, which, according to one of the latest issues of some wood magazine ( can't remember which one at the moment) is one of the strongest joints and relatively simple. Everything was going along fairly well. Then I get to the assembly phase and POOF! It all evaporated. I had measured precise and gotten everything to match and then...BLA! I was so pissed after three hours of painstakingly measuring, marking, and recording all my measurements and STILL having it be off my about 1/4 inch. ( actually it was less, but quickly spiraled out of control. I still can't get around to explaining it to where I understand it!) Regardless! I quit for the night fearing I might, in some fit of rage, cut off an appendage! So mark that as a second FAILED attempt! I still might be able to salvage the wood, but the box keeps getting smaller. I found my router table much more friendly and desirable to use. I currently do not have a table saw. I don't know how much easier that would make things.