Thursday, January 14, 2010
Finished carvings and an Origami Grasshopper
It's one of those days where I actually accomplished everything I set out to do for one day! I finished the carvings, installed the hinges, ( complete with the routering that was required) And even stained up the previous boxes with Ebony stain. I must say, even though the bugs are kinda cool to look at, they are rather challenging to get looking the way they should. Meaning, it's difficult to carve those little legs and antennae with what few chisels I have. All in all though, I think they turned out pretty good! Tomorrow I'll have to resharpen my chisels, and possibly regrind a couple ( grr) I should also have some pics of the finished stained boxes. Oh! And I saw this really cool bug made from Origami last night...so I thought I would give it a go and see how close to it I could get. Now...Granted...I did not have the pattern to this bug, so I just had to make up my own. I might try it again some time as there are possibly a few tricks I did not try on this flying grasshopper. Hope everyone is having a great week so far! Friday is coming fast!