Sunday, December 21, 2008

More snow! Say it ain't so!

We continue to get dumped on with the snow. I'm starting to think we are in the U.P. I remember bad snow days from my youth, but it has been a while since we got this much. Even here in Grand Haven, along the Big Lake, We have not been hit this hard since we moved here almost 7 years ago. To capture the depth of the snow. The neighbors dog came over to visit. She is a tall golden retriever and the snow was so deep you can not see her legs or lower half! I tried to snap a picture of her in the dark, but only one slightly turned out. ( Yes ! She is Standing!) Its now blowing and drifting and that helps so much. I'm happy we had the seats already done. If you look back at the mermaid, you can see that she now looks like a Malaysian Goddess instead of a Topless Gnome!

4 comments:

Handi said...

Ethan: How long did it take you to Prefect the Breast on the Mermaid? LOL

I'm a Breast man, I like Turkey Breast and Chicken Breast. ROFL

Good job on the Carving and that's A LOT of snow, more then I care to have here. lol

Handi

Handi said...

Ethan: This reminded me of you, when you said you used to live in Alaska.

Read on Brudda...

http://www.yahoo.com/s/1005883

Handi

The Great Ethan Allen said...

Handi, Actually it took almost three months chipping away at her in our cold garage several winters ago. I used almost exclusivly chisels. I think chisels work better on larger carvings and offer more detail. She is 100% large scrap bloks of oak glued and doweled together. the blocks were meant to be firewood, but I saved them because it is hard to find pieces of oak that big that wont check. Cheryl wont let me put it in the front yard to show off. so she is in the back yard on the porch. Oh.. and the breasts are not perfect. I worked very hard on them and they still ended up being slighly squarish. Guess i would never make it as a plastic surgeon.

Handi said...

Ethan: Maybe, if anyone ask, just tell them that she took off her Athletic Bra and the boobs appeard squished cause of it lol.

And if it was me, I would put it in the Front yard lol, for Promotional Means of my Carvings lol, and if you have to, Carve up some Shells and make some Brass or Seaweed looking Straps and mount them over her breast during the day and take it off at night lol

Handi

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails