Thursday, December 11, 2008

Small woodworkers UNITE!

I just read a small post on one of the blogs that I follow about the Consumer Products Safety Commission (CPSC) passing a law that would require ALL makers of toys to pass third person safety testing. Even us little guys who scroll saw or carve toys that MAY be for children. Anyway, My default position on most things is to keep government out of it. Let us run out small business and be concerned with the quality and safety. It was the Chinese toy manufacturers that messed this all up for the rest of us. Even though I don't make toys at the moment, and even though I might not have an army of followers on this blog. I feel that all small entrepreneurs that make and sell things on line have an interest in keeping certain bureaucrats out of our business. Let the market dictate what people can sell. Most people probably have a tough enough time just trying to keep their small shop in the black. Fines, and fees that affirm something already known to all just adds weight to the price. Anyway. Read more here.....and learn what you can do to help! Thanks.

3 comments:

Stela said...

Yea, it's ridiculous! I've seen this topic all over the etsy forums, it's starting to stress me out.

Jimmy "Handi" Warner said...

Estela: Agreed. Unfortunately I don't make Toys right now, so I am in the Clear, I was eventually thinking about it, but if the law passes I may not be able to.

Well sell on the internet anyway, but maybe Craft Shows.

Handi

The Great Ethan Allen said...

It's true that I don't make toys either, But I see a trend. Cheryl was wigging out because she could not find any information on any legal issues about pillows. She eventually just made them and hopes there is not some obscure law out there. I personally like this one saying. "politicians are like doctors who see a sickness that isn't there, misdiagnose it, then prescribe the wrong medication for it"

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails