Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The other day I might have mentioned that it is difficult for some people to see what you see when you have an idea or a vision of something. Last Saturday, I had the fortune of talking with a fish farmer who was selling fish in Kalona. When I asked him about growing bluegills for the food market, he seemed a little sketchy, like that will never happen. Now it might be true that I don't have the experience that some people do when they run their own farm. But I do have a degree in fisheries with a focus on aquaculture, and some experience working with a small scale trout farm for both the private sector and the DNR. I have researched the Bluegill question a bit and I know that there are always more questions than answers. But until people start growing bluegills for the food market on a scale where these problems can be solved, people will never have the opportunity to sample one of the best tasting fish. Perhaps by writing a little bit about it every now and then, I can create a little buzz and get people talking. We'll see how far it goes.

1 comment:

L. D. said...

Bluegills are given the bum rap I think. Keep on this and maybe I will know a wealthy man.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails